AccessMedicine from McGraw Hill Medical is a comprehensive online medical resource that provides a complete spectrum of knowledge from the best minds in medicine, with essential information accessible anywhere.
Authoritative, trusted, and continuously updated with optimized content for any mobile device, AccessMedicine is guided by a preeminent Advisory Board that includes the medical field’s top academic experts.
AccessMedicine provides medical students with a variety of resources needed to excel in basic science studies and clerkships; helps residents, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants with instant access to videos, self-assessment, and leading medical textbooks that facilitate decision-making at the point-of-care; and allows practicing physicians to brush up on their medical knowledge to ensure the best patient outcome.
Why is AccessMedicine unique?
AccessMedicine delivers indispensable support and invaluable online solutions in medical education and clinical practice through these interactive features:
Leading medical textbooks – More than 100 references help students and residents succeed throughout their medical education, including the latest editions of the world’s most respected medical texts such as, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine and CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment.
Find the full list of texts on AccessMedicine at: accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/textbooks
Extensive multimedia library – A unique collection of examination and procedural videos, patient safety modules, audio files, and animations that feature complicated concepts presented in terms students can understand are available, including videos illustrating fundamental medical concepts drawn from the world’s most trusted medical textbook, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. For a complete listing of videos and animations go to: accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/multimedia
Differential Diagnosis Tool – Connect to more than 1,000 diagnoses through Diagnosaurus®, a tool that saves you time by allowing you to browse by symptom, disease, or organ system at the point of care.
Multiple Quick Reference Tools –
• Practice Guidelines are annually updated guidelines from Current Practice Guidelines in Primary Care that assist in disease screening, prevention, and management by providing succinct digest versions of longer original guidelines.
• Diagnostic Tests, from Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, is a quick reference guide to the selection and interpretation of commonly used diagnostic tests, including laboratory procedures in the clinical setting.
• Quick Medical Dx & Rx is a collection of concise evidence-based outlines of conditions and disorders most often encountered in medical practice – perfect for high-yield review or for quick reference in the clinical setting.
Self-Assessment – Extensive Q&A from leading references such as Harrison’s Self-Assessment and Board Review and the LANGE textbooks to assist students and residents in exam preparation.
2 Minute Medicine ® – Concise and curated reviews and summaries of new medical studies. Studies are rated for the appraisal of evidence-based medicine.
Customizable Patient Education – Comprehensive, reliable healthcare information for adults, pediatrics, and medicines, available in multiple languages and for thousands of topics to help you help your patients understand their care and improve their health status.
Integrated Drug Database – Look up dosing, indications, and adverse reactions quickly for generic and brand-name drugs, with printable patient handouts presented in English and Spanish.
Downloadable Images - Tens of thousands of photos and illustrations to aid in visual diagnosis are available to save and download to presentations for educational purposes.
Cases – A selection of cases from across the popular Case FilesTM series and Pathophysiology of Disease helps medical students better understand and evaluate real world experiences by offering questions to frame the case and the approach to the patient.
CME – Receive CME credit for searches and prepare for in-services, certification, and recertification with content that covers a broad area of medicine.
About the AccessMedicine App
The AccessMedicine app delivers indispensable support and invaluable point of care solutions for clinical practice through these mobile features:
- Quick Medical Dx & Rx is a collection of concise evidence-based outlines of conditions and disorders most often encountered in medical practice – perfect for high-yield review or for quick reference in the clinical setting.
- Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas of Clinical Dermatology facilitates dermatologic diagnosis by providing color images of skin lesions, plus a summary outline of skin disorders and diseases.
- Differential Diagnosis Tool provides more than 1,000 diagnoses through Diagnosaurus®, a McGraw-Hill Medical tool that efficiently allows you to browse by symptom, disease, or organ system at the point of care.
- Diagnostic Tests, from Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, is a quick reference guide to the selection and interpretation of commonly used diagnostic tests, including laboratory procedures in the clinical setting.
The AccessMedicine app is available to users at institutions with a full site license. To activate and for continued access to the app, the user must have an active My Access account and sign in every 90 days through your institution, either on-site or through a VPN. Sign up for a My Access account today by logging into your subscription and clicking on your institution name in the upper right hand corner. To download the app, please visit the App Store or Google Play.
Trademarks: The McGraw Hill logo, AccessMedicine, and related trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of McGraw Hill and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries, and may not be used without written permission. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. McGraw Hill is not associated with any products or vendor mentioned in AccessMedicine.